01 October 2008

West Side Inshore Fishing - Good Friendly Kakis


Last night suppose to do fishing at this spot but due to kaki's other commitment plus the rain, we call it off. Instead this morning we went for freshwater luring. Wah Lau, super bad man, spot at least 3 schools of toman babies but hit a big fat zero. No baby, no mama, no papa. Very dejected and super "Du Lan", how can be zero fighter when we spotted the schools. So kaki suggested we go Saltwater Baiting instead, me determine to break duck so 'ON Lah'.

Go home, bomb Hirohisma, change tackles and off I go to this Saltwater spot. Reach about 11 plus, spot is totally new to me, setup and cast away with market prawn. There are other anglers at the area, friendly 'Hi' are exchanged. Then I setup my luring rod and using rubber and try to get groupers. After a while, quite tired as been fishing since early morning, so rest and chit chat with the other anglers. They have caught an assortment of small fishes, told me there are biggies around, Queenie, KBL, Groupers, etc. hmmm..... if that's the case, I decided to change my rigging method.



My Kaki got a couple of bait fish there, so I change my rig, hook up a bait fish and cast out. Decided to change my luring rod to jig for bait fish, change tackle. Half way thru my change of rig, it happens......... ZZZZZeeeeeeee............. my spinning reel on light drag is going crazy, as usual, me blur like sotong think someone else got fish until one of the regular there call out to me 'Fish On! Fish On!' This is my seldom use Pioneer reel, so it's sound is unfamiliar to me. Me ran over, grab the rod out of the rod stand, palm the spool and set the hook. Fish is indeed ON!. Tighten the drag and start playing with it, in my mind I am wonder, what fish is that?
Queenie? - Nay, it didn't do any acrobatic jump,
KBL? - Maybe, could be a BIG one since it don't jump.
Grouper? - not possible, dun feel like it.

One regular came to my side and tell me, Big One Big One. Take your time to fight it, be careful of the rocks and debris.
I am using 20lbs braided with 30lb leader, hook line is 20lbs. So I know it is pretty safe to try to 'Bully' the fish a little. Reel it back and it fight all the way back, I almost lost the fish as it is smart enough to swim into a pile of debris, no choice but to Bully it by forcing it to change direction.

Finally it surfaces, it's a GT!!! Aiyah, Golden lah, not Giant. But look pretty impressive to me. Me start to look around to see if there's landing net, everyone dun have leh. Then one uncle is so nice to help me land it by grabbing it's tail. Everyone is happy, uncle tell me, 'See? I told you there is biggies'. Uncle lend me the clip and nylon string to keep it fish in water and keep it alive. I am so grateful to them for the help rendered and so unselfishly help me to land the fish and giving me advice on the area. West side Kaki Rocks!!!! :P

My kitchen scale say 3.4KG, and boy am I happy about it.
Sorry, have to Photoshop the pic as spot is not mine. and I have to say, my photoshop skill sucks big time.

This is what happen to the Aji 8 hook, uncle say 'Wah Lau, hook so small also can catch such size fish'
I am just grateful that the hook didn't break, else it will be another one of those fisherman's tale 'The One that Got away is always a Biggie'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tackle
Eupro Hammer 8ft
Pioneer PR4000 but with a SW3000 spool
20lbs Surecatch Braided with 30lbs Leader
Modified Running Float Rig with 20lbs Hook Line

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

bro... can i have the location of the place?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...