04 October 2008

'AMK' Luring Trip


Last week, myself and Nenasi are luring at 'AMK', the hook up rate is fantastic for Nenasi. He have easily over 10 hook up but sadly none is landed for picture taking, which includes PB, Toman and Haruan. While I have about 5 hook up and also none landed. We are back again to the same place again in hope of better if not the same hook up rate and 'finger cross' break the ZERO landed curse.
This trip is significant for me as I have just purchase a 2nd hand Genesis Assasini 7'3" rod from my surfcast friend, Derrick. Just the night before, I am thinking should I bring this newly aquired set for the luring trip today. Remembering what I always say to Nenasi "Tackle Bought are to be used and not for display", i decided to bring the rod to make it's maiden trip with me.

Fuunily, when Nenasi pick me up in the morning, I notice he also brought along the same model rod. AND we both pair it with the Daiwa SS series, his 1300 and mine 700. Great minds think alike??? :P

Once reached our spot, we started luring in hope to get toman in their feeding time zone. As usual, we didn't manage to get one. Thus I switch to a smaller lure and hit this Cichlid fish, this is a first for me on lure and more importantly, my Genesis Assasini have taken it's first prey, and with many more to come (keeping my finer cross). This lure is extremely effective today, most of the hook up I have is on this lure, during a hook up of a PB, the split ring opens. Needless to say, I lost the fish and a treble hook as well. That's not the only thing I lost, had a Daiso vibe lost during a cast, but not before it have done it's job to get me a PB.

However, Nenasi is still carrying on what happen last week, decent amount of hook up but none landed. Only towards late morning, he finally landed one PB, breaking his unlucky spell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Genesis Assasini 7'3"
Daiwa SS700
15lb braided with 30lb leader
Duel 3D Flat crank
Daiso Vibe (May you RIP)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...