06 April 2009

New Spoon additions

I have no idea what happened to me recently, or rather what happen to our local fishes. For some strange reason, recently all my hard lures stop producing catches and the only bites I get are from spoons. Just a few weeks ago, I bought a cheapo spoon I spotted at Tackle2000, shaped like the ever popular Yozuri Altima spoon but at a much lower price, but without the scale and eyes detail. Friend tried it on it's maiden trip hook up a very decent sized PB while all the other lures we tried yield nothing.

Cheap Spoon

A few months ago, I grab a few spoons at Siow Chiang Warehouse, not that I like them but at just $1 each, what the heck just grab it. Only when I got home did I realized that I got a bargin, Abu Toby (already tarnished), Blue Fox Pixee and Blue Fox Tear Drop. My guess these are very old stock, thus it is re-packaged in a simple plastic bag and priced cheaply to sell them off.

Pics of the spoons coming soon.

General rule of thumb is to get silver color for clear water and gold for stained water. If you just want to buy just one spoon, I will recommend the Yozuri Altima Spoon, a great spoon but for it's price, it seems pretty expensive for a piece of bended metal. I am still waiting for our local tackle shop to bring in the 7G version, 14G sink a tad too much for me for the places I am fishing in.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...