01 April 2009

Luring Snaps & Swivel

Ever since I took up luring, I have been searching for small swivel and good snaps to use.

Sasame Swivels
Seasoned lurers told me big swivel can affect lures swimming actions, furthermore I have a liking to use small lures for FW, so small swivels is a must. After searching and asking around, finally decided on the Sasame Swivels, for it's size, it's rating is extremely high. Imagine, 19kg rating for the smallest one (size 10) I can find, I find it hard to believe but still bought it and use it. After a few times I am convinced it is indeed very strong but still 19kg is untested water for it.

The day came when it get tested out is while talking to DesT, he mentioned that those ridiculously small Surecatch swivels he use for his noodle rod application are super inconsistent. Same Size different rating, 4kg or 4lbs, very likely due to different batches. And while he tested them, some broke below the 4lbs mark, one batch fails so badly that it have around 50% pass rate. I recommended him the Sasame swivel and you guess it, he did test them out. At 9kg, the rings deformed to diamond shaped, and at 19kg, it still works and swivels. Now I can use it in peace, knowing it will holds up well and well below my line rating for luring.

Comes in red or black and at around 40 cents per piece, not exactly cheap but heck if it keeps my lure on my line, I will be happy to use them.


Seahawk Snaps

I do agree that these Seahawk snaps are very likely re-branded make in china snaps. But recommended to me by Eric of Tackle2000. I do like it a lot, pretty strong and easy to change lures. So far no failure. Cannot compare to those decoy and genesis Egg Snaps, but good enough for me. and at around 10 cent per piece, very affordable.

Sasame Swivel & Seahawk Snaps

2 comments:

Alan chan said...

hi i'm also using the nice snap size 1, i find it cheap and good esp it goes in my jig head for rubbers easily. but boss becareful of the Sasame Swivels as it ever give way while casting, the Sasame Swivels broke lol. its a size 7

you can also get the NT Swivels i have been using that for years liao so far never give me any problem . Cheap and good stuff

Unknown said...

Seriously didn't happen to me, maybe I dun fish as much as you do. haha. Will look out for some NT swivels once I ran out of these Sasame.

As for the snaps, stay clear at all cost those Tomman Black package, I bought some 00 size cause I wanted small snaps. In the end, threw it away as it is hard like hell and deform after clipping the lures. Stay clear at all cost.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...