12 August 2008

Silstar Teal Ultralight T100-SN 10ft


The 'original' noodle rod that I have when I try my hand at todak hunting. I bought it 'Used Condition' when it is advertised in the forum, original owner sold it because he don't know how to use the rod.

For a period of time, a bunch of us go Sibu kelong to hunt for todak, DesT with his G Loomis, Nimo with his Daiwa Heartland and me with the Silstar Teal. Nothing beats the G Loomis for the flex and sensitivity, while the Heartland in my view is a Float rod, while the Silstar though with a better flex then the Heartland still closer to a Float rod rather then true noodle.

Later Nimo found out the Siow Chiang have close to 200pcs of this particular rod (and many more in the 8ft and 9ft), he organized a mass order for FK forum at $15 each. Suddenly there are 146 anglers around SG using the same rod that I have been singing praises about for a few mths then.

Now the first Silstar rod that I have is semi-retired, use to old age and heavy usage, the reel seat fit is no longer good. But I still use it when I hunt for half beak or wanted some UL fun, only reason why I use this over the G Loomis is that it cast better and further.

There is another 2 of these rods that I got when Nimo did the mass order, will be keeping them as I think somehow, I might need it which is quite unlikely since I already have gotten a G Loomis that is built with quality Fuji components.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...