12 August 2008

Anyfish Anywhere Big Beach 14 ft


I sold off most of my surf rod to when I decide to buy this, this rod is almost everything I want in a surf rod. 14ft, soft tip, coaster reel seat, and a slim blank that can take 6oz sinker, only grip I have is that I hope that the guide from be of better material.

Derrick organized a mass order for this rod, and I duly place my order with him. It took a while for it to arrive, and I went for a practice cast with this rod at Changi CP7 and pair this rod with the Penn525 Mag. The casting is easy and distance good! After a while I got tired and tie a simple long snook rig, bait up with squid and cast out, in less then 15 min, the line out alarm goes in one short burst and then a long one. I suspect I have a stingray at the other end, thumb to set hook, tighten drag and the rod loads beautifully. But I lost the fish due to rig failure.


Sadly that's the only thing this rod catches so far as I seldom do beach casting even I purchase this rod. I hope to start doing it again soon and not let this rod go to waste.

Specs
BLANK MATERIAL :CARBON
OVERALL LENGHT :14 FT
SECTIONS :TWO
GUIDES :EIGHT PLUS TIP
WHIPPINGS :BLACK edged red
REEL SEAT :COASTERS
REDUCER :18" REDUCER
CASTING WEIGHT : 175 - 200 GRAMS

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...