20 October 2009

Ed's Pro Pond - Location Review

Wrote a CR using these pics in a local fishing forum early this year and created some big hoo-ha. That's one reason why these days I prefer to do all these fishing stuff on my Blog, remove all these issues and also easier for me to check back should I needed to. Also with the soon might be implement MDA guidelines on blogging and commercial interest, I better put in a disclaimer before I get myself into any trouble.

Disclaimer - I do NOT have any commercial interest in this fishing pond. It is just that I know one of the staff there which I know from fishing trips.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This pond is a SW fishing pond that is located at Paris Ris Farmway 3, not too sure what's it name when it is first open but it is known as Ed's Pro pond because the boss is known as 'Ed'. As you can see from the date stamp on the pics, these are pretty old pictures by modern standard, but it still generally look the same except for a few more shelters.

When one first visit the pond, it could look be depressingly small, most 'Pro' pond are usually larger then this. However, the magic of this pond is it's depth, I am told before it undergoes some renovations, the deepest part is as deep as 4 meters. Having the depth, even catching small GP are fun too as they will dive and dive, however most anglers will be going for the snappers and groupers for it's meat. From what I understand, during the renovation, they have fill up the bottom with new sand, pumping in fresh seawater, building trenches to help fish distribution, and some small other improvement. While the water condition have definitely improved, the hot spot for the snappers are still at the keep net area. Alex, a friend and one of the staff there, told me just a couple of days ago that there is a couple more hotspots around this small pond. I might be meeting up with him soon for kopi and hopefully will be able to reveal where are the other hotspots.

Currently they are running a couple of competitions, which is kind of confusing to me, anyway they are basically the heaviest catch of the month. Prizes range from High End tackles to Free membership at the pond (X hrs of fishing bascially).

Info
Address - 70, Pasir Ris Farmway 3
Rates - SGD50 for 5 hrs, fish release at 5hrs interval; Weekend Night fishing from 10pm till 7am (I think), NO fish release.
This is a Catch and Keep pond; However fishes above 5kg and GT are to be released back to the pond.
Others - There is a Snack store, prawning area and FW CnR which is operate by another operator.

Below are some other pics of the pond.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...