06 November 2008

New Spot try out

Yesterday when we recce out this place plus some luring, as I am expecting a lake instead of a stream, my lures are 90mm and above. Thus cannot gauge if the spot is productive. Today we are back after a hearty lunch to try out the same spot again. Only difference is that I bring my Light luring set and small lures.

1st PB caught is on a Daiso crankbait (Lumo Yellow), when I had the hook-up, the PB didn't make any jumps and is always in the stream bed, and my line is beening stripped on a steady speed. I thought I had a small adult toman, but when i bring up the PB, it have it's body half bitten off, really suspect it is whack by a toman. Didn't take any pics as it is damn gross and blood dripping from the severe body.

After this hook up, it died down, nothing at all. As it is a hot sunny day, I expected the fishes to feel lethargic, so I deploy a slow crank, twitch pause method. Nothing at all, so try a fast crank, twitch and pause, also nothing attack the lure. I almost use all my smaller lures hoping to get at least something, then finally try out the Crystal minnow which is slightly bigger then those I have use so far. Felt lazy already by then due to lack of action, I simply cast and do a fast retrieve. Finally, notice 2 PB chasing my lure till the bank, ah so fast retrieve works, for the last 45 min fishing, doing fast retrieve all the way. Manage to land 2 decent sized PB while a couple more chasing my lures and missing it. This place look good all of a sudden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shimano Convergence IM6 6'6"
Ofmer Axis 6
4lb Fireline with 12lb leader
Lures - L- Minnow 66 (Purple back) and Yozuri Crystal Minnow 70.S (Green Gold)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...