17 September 2008

Self Tied Flies and Jigheads

I first started out tying flies when I see the success rate catching PB on them. But I am not using a Fly rod, so I do the spin fly method instead. Later to eliminate the need of a sinker and leader, and also to ease the change of lures, I switch to dress up jig heads.

Hook up rate is high as with these, I dare to toss into those areas where I dare not toss into with lures.







While I am doing up these flies and jigheads, I gave the spinner bait I got from Daiso a make over. As the treble hook in the original design cannot be changed, I need to re-do the entire rig. Beads are added, treble changed to a dress up treble with split ring and the spoon is polished before assembly.

Now this look good and hook sharp enough, may it catch many fishes for me.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...