22 May 2012

St John Island - 20 May 2012

Todak posing with the tackle that kills it
Made this trip basically to seek revenge from the last trip, tide is similar so too is the weather. Hoping to see some queen fish again, no time is wasted to jig for bait fish from elsewhere, instead once we touchdown, straight away we headed to the linkway and hope to get some live bait fishes there.

Similar to the last trip, bait fishes are hard to come by, finally get one from an old uncle and quickly hook with on my noodle rod. And the wait begins for the arrival of the queen.

Saw a splash earlier so hopefully it is a sign, but alas a todak took my live bait and then spat it out, killing it. No choice but to start bottom fishing again for bait fish while leaving the freshly killed bait fish in the water.




Then the todak strikes again, DesT notice some action on my side and walks over.
DesT - Look like it is a big one I saw earlier.
Me - Big mah? I dun think so, although it didn't jump much.
DesT - Let's see when it closer.

a while later.....
DesT - Yeah, it looks like the big one I saw on the other side.
Me - Doesn't look big to me, maybe 80cm plus
DesT - Hmm... doesn't look that small to me
Me - I dun really care, I wanted the queenie, this is a by-catch

So up it comes, once it is on the grass patch then did I notice the length of it, it is indeed not that small. DesT took out the measuring tape and measure it. It comes just short of One meter, considered large in our local water.

Well, that's the only decent catch we had the entire day, and this is going to be donated to Raffles Museum to be preserved as part of their studies.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tackle used
Rod - GLoomis GL2 NR1382
Reel - Shimano Alivio 2500 body (Modified) with AernosXT C3000 spool
Line - Spiderwire EZ Braid 10lbs, with 12lbs Surecatch leader
Rig - Float with 15lbs line and Aji 12 and Aji 14 double hook



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...