23 January 2010

Ofmer Axis 6 - Servicing the reel

The tiny Ofmer Axis 6, one I have been pretty much in recent times. As I am trying out an experiment to check how will the grease I uses stood against the constant usage and if it can still offer protection, I didn't open up this reel for a pretty long time. Now time to service it and to check out if any rust can be found since my last servicing.

Before I go into the servicing portion, a quick recap what I have done prior to this servicing. This reel is greased using Abu Teflon grease and bearings with Abu Teflon infused oil. With these Teflon in both oil and grease, the reel is indeed very very smooth to use, after a prolong use, the thin layer of grease is still found on the gears. No rust or any corrosion is found, but bearing in mind that I didn't use this in any salt water environment, not too sure if it will last on reels used in saltwater fishing.

Back to the servicing, Text in within the pics itself to make easier reading and more precise. Very simple job, for more details do refer to a more in depth write up on Reel servicing



















0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...