20 February 2009

Magazine - Fishing Addict

Our local fishing community is really small, just 4 days after DesT mentioned to me about a soon to be launch local fishing magazine, Fishing Addict, I met the publisher at Taman Jurong Pro pond. It is really a tale of sheer coincidence, or as the Chinese would say, fated to meet.

Last Friday night, I meet up with DesT at the Taman Jurong Main pond when I learn that he is fishing there, as usual we talk cock and he mentioned to me about this new soon to be published local fishing magazine. As much as I am excited about it, I have my misgiving about how well receive it will be as our fishing area is so small compared to Malaysia. Given that we have 'Rod and Lines' available here, will it help to have another fishing magazine given the much smaller fishing community we have here.

Just a couple of days ago, I receive an SMS from my neighbour and also fishing kaki to have dinner together to catch up. After a good hearty dinner of Nasi Brani and tea, we decided to pop by the Taman Jurong Pond vicinity to look at the 'After Dark' activities. Well, after less than 3 minutes I got bored and decided to go to the pond just to see how the catch there is like, although I know it is very very bad USUALLY. While we seated at the Pro pond talking cock, an angler come along and set up his tackles. Hey from the way he does his stuff, he know what he is doing and we both think he is an experienced angler, so decided to pay a bit more attention to him while continue to chit chat.

Seconds later, BANG, fish ON!!! WOW, that's real fast, fluke catch? Maybe....... now we are giving him the full attention at his next cast, wanting to know if the first catch a Fluke shot. Again, BANG, fish ON, now that cannot be true given that the other angler is not catching anything on Live prawn. And over his first 6 cast, he have hits on all of them and landed 4 in like what 10 minutes. Unbelieveable, Unheard of, is he THAT lucky? Is this the same ultra unproductive Taman Jurong Pro Pond that I came to know?

His hit rate really really stirred up my interest, I just have to find out more about the lures he is using. Knowing that some experienced anglers are super secretive about their 'secret' weapons, we need to tread carefully in order not to have hooks embedded in my face or having leads thrown at me. He is very nice indeed to show us what he is using and from then on we struck a nice conversation going about fishing. When he mentioned that he is working on a nice local magazine, he is so surprised that I knew about it and one things lead to another and now I am in the mist of being part of Freelance writer on the mag. Most likely on Reel maintenance and modifications Section, not too sure which other section I can contribute in.

Hope to be part of the team, more so on the Reel Maintenance Section as I really really hope that some beginner anglers will learn the proper way to maintain their reels, the correct way to change roller bushing to bearing, and the right lube and oil for their applications. A cheap reel, if well maintained will last a long long time.

Well, till I have more update on my role or on the Magazine, I will give an update. For now, nothing is firm up yet, they might find me too 'Ah Beng' in my writing style or what so ever. Finger crossed, hope I can do something to return to the fishing community that I learn so much from.

1 comments:

Rina Millie said...

Fishing In Dubai nice blog. really interesting. keep sharing more. i am bookmarking your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...