11 January 2009

Telfon Drag Washer

2 of my reels in recent time needed a change of drag washer, Ofmer Axis 6 (drag material worn out, becomes jerky) and Pioneer SF4000 (fabric material hardens), thus asked Nenasi to punch out the Telfon washer size I needed. The reason why I choose Telfon instead of carbon fibre is because both these reel does not need heavy drag for my intended use for them. These are virgin Teflon, and should last a long long time, and it's smooth properties shouldn't change.

New & Old Drag

Having tried out the smoothness with other reels at Nenasi's place, I am pretty impressed by the smoothness and thus giving a go on these 2 reels. Since it is the smoothness I am going for, the drag loss isn't an issue to me, also am attracted by the long life span and lack of need grease these drag washers. Should I need that extra drag power, i can always palm the spoon.

Ofmer Axis 6 Drag ChangeWill update after I have used these drag material for a prolong period time. Should be pretty fast since the Ofmer is use frequently for my luring trips.


Updated
Here's a link to my post on how to change Drag washer on spinning reels. Click Here

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...